CHS/Central Plains Ag Services has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations Division. We are looking for a Loan Officer at our Hannaford, ND location to work closely with producers/patrons and management to develop a quality lending portfolio. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Promote various financing products, available through CHS Capital, to patrons of Central Plains Ag; resulting in increased product and service revenues for the company.
- Administer and coordinate specially assigned extended credit programs to maximize sales while managing risk appropriately. Work closely with the Central Plains Ag Credit staff to ensure that open account credit is properly managed in accordance with established crop loans at CHS Capital.
- Serve as a resource in developing new programs for the patrons of Central Plains Ag.
- Analyze loan applications keying on economic feasibility of a project (using the Web Equity system), as well as managerial ability and financial strength of applicants, followed by a loan recommendation to the CHS Capital loan committee.
- Ensure all loans are properly documented in such a way that the company is properly protected.
- Ensure loan advances and collateral inspections are made in an accurate and timely fashion, and all equity positions are maintained within the terms of the loan agreement.
- Document all activities and discussions relating to specific loans and assist in the collection process as needed. Mitigate risk by reviewing CHS Capital and other loan guarantees. Coordinate approvals on guaranteed loans.
- Educate staff on credit management, train staff on programs and provide instruction on loan servicing and collection skills. Monitor accounts and perform collection calls and communication on an ongoing basis.
- Analyze credit exposure on accounts, recommend/determine reserves for bad debt, and develop monitoring systems and spreadsheets as needed.
- Stay informed on events that affect our business as well as our customer’s business decisions such as changes in grain prices, input prices, weather, politics, etc.
- Work in conjunction with other divisions to maximize business opportunities and manage risk.
- Travel, independently or with sales staff, to meet with patrons to develop relationships, learn about their operation, analyze credit and accounts receivable, and to attempt to resolve issues. This may include overnight travel.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS is a diversified Fortune 100 company providing essential grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers. CHS is a cooperative system owned by farmers, ranchers and their local cooperatives from the Great Lakes to the Pacific Northwest and from the Canadian border to Texas. CHS is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Minority, Female, Veteran, and Disability employer.
For more information please contact our main office at 701-769-2665 or apply online at www.chsinc.com